Lyon is one of the best cities in France that you must visit. The town is 3rd largest in France. It is the capital of Rhone-Alps area. The city is known for its historical and social heritage. A number of its buildings and galleries have been listed in world heritage site listing of UNESCO.
Some of the best places to visit as well as explore in Lyon are:
1. St. Jean Church: This church is dedicated to St. John and St. Stephen. It was constructed during 12th and the Thirteenth century. The oldest parts of the church have finally been closed for hopes and are kept for the community display.
2 Renaissance Courtyards: These are the beautiful courtyards that were constructed during the time of renaissance in the Roman style of structures.
3. Theatres Romains de Fourviere: This is the oldest theatre in France and it was started in 11th century AD. There's a great regard and value for it amongst the nearby inhabitants.
4. Parc de la Tete: This is a well-liked park that is made in the actual English style of architecture. The park had been built during the 19th century and is one of the biggest and many beautiful city parks of France. It is a good way for family excursions and other recreational activities. The main popular features of the park include a large greenhouse, botanical garden along with a rose backyard. Recently African Plains have also been added where the creatures can wander freely.
5. Opera house: This opera house was started in 1826 and it was later reopened within 1993. The place has located many opera performances as well as dance exhibits. The glass ceiling of the building would be to watch out for.
6. Aquarium du Great Lyon: This is an additional fascinating attraction. The aquarium is located on the outskirts from the city and it has a bit of amusement for almost everyone. There are a number of varieties of fishes and other aquatic life species have been kept here. Many informative lectures and slideshows will also be organized to teach the masses.
7. Maison de la Dane: It is really an ideal spot for the dancing lovers. This particular theater continues to be dedicated to dance where you can discover various type of dance. There's a museum which is also situated in the vicinity of the same building.
8. La Part Dieu: This is one of the largest shopping mall in France. The mall has the presence of almost all the major brands in the world. But avoid this place on Sundays as it can get crowded.
Lyon is one of the best locations in France to determine and discover soirées à Lyon. Eurostar is one of the greatest means to reach Paris and then you can take either TGV train or even bus in order to Lyon.
Lyon, the cooking capital of France, which is the third largest town and second biggest metropolitan area in France. This city is famous for its tradition and 2000 year-old history. This particular city was founded by the Romans and a history city because recognized by UNESCO. This wonderful city is situated between Paris and Marseille as well as 470 km from Paris. You can reach there from Geneva that is just 170 km away. It is situated in East associated with France between 2 rivers named as Rhone as well as Saone. The people residing there are known as Lyonnais. It has a 'semi continental' environment and weather conditions are nice to visit in the 30 days of Sept and October.