Lyon is one of the best cities in France that you must visit. The town is 3rd largest in France. It is the capital of Rhone-Alps area. The city is known for its historic and cultural heritage. A number of its structures and museums have been listed in world history site list of UNESCO.
Some of the best locations to visit and explore within Lyon are:
1. St. Jean Cathedral: This church is dedicated to St. John and St. Stephen. It was constructed during 12th and the 13th century. The oldest parts of the actual church have now been shut for prayers and are stored for the public display.
2 Renaissance Courtyards: These are the stunning courtyards that were constructed during the time of renaissance in the Roman style of architecture.
3. Theatres Romains de Fourviere: This is actually the oldest theatre in France and was started in 11th century AD. There is a great regard and value for this amongst the nearby inhabitants.
4. Parc de la Tete: This is a popular park that is made in the actual English type of architecture. The actual park was built throughout the 19th century and it is one of the biggest and many beautiful city parks of France. It is a great place for family outings and other outdoor recreation. The main popular features of the recreation area include a big greenhouse, organic garden along with a rose backyard. Recently African Flatlands have also been additional where the creatures can wander freely.
5. Opera house: This opera house had been started in 1826 and it was later reopened within 1993. The area has located many opera performances as well as dance shows. The glass ceiling of the building is to watch out for.
6. Aquarium du Grand Lyon: This is another fascinating attraction. The aquarium is located on the outskirts of the city and has a bit of entertainment for almost everyone. There are a number of varieties of fishes and other marine life species have been kept here. Many informative lectures and slideshows are also organized to educate the masses.
7. Maison de la Dane: This is an ideal place for the dance lovers. This theater has been dedicated to dancing where you can learn various style of dance. There's a museum also is situated in the actual vicinity of the identical building.
8. La Part Dieu: This is among the largest retail center in France. The mall has the presence of the majority of the major brands in the world. But avoid this place on Sundays as it can obtain crowded.
Lyon is one of the best locations in France to see and explore soirées à Lyon. Eurostar is one of the greatest means to achieve Paris and then you can take possibly TGV train or even bus to Lyon.
Lyon, the culinary capital associated with France, which is the third largest town and second biggest metropolitan area in France. This particular city is known for its tradition and 2000 year-old history. This city was founded by the Romans and a history city as recognized by UNESCO. This wonderful city is situated between Paris and Marseille and 470 km away from Paris. You can reach presently there from Geneva that is just 170 km away. It is located in East associated with France between two rivers named as Rhone and Saone. The people residing there are known as Lyonnais. It has a 'semi continental' climate and climate is nice to visit in the 30 days of September and Oct.